About Val, BS, RKC2, CSCS, Iron Maiden
Train Smart. Be Strong. Live Balanced.
Train Smart: I’m always asking “Why are we doing this exercise?” and if it doesn’t make your daily life better or if it doesn’t make sense, then we Don’t Do It! Simple as that.
Be Strong: My goal is to help uncover the strength you didn’t know you had. By going back to the basics and correcting poor movement patterns, your body begins to move more efficiently. When you move better, you’re able to use your body better and “magically” you’re stronger!
Live Balanced: Balance in Life is encouraged here. Juggling work, play, time with family, exercise, and healthy eating can be a challenge. I’m here to help simplify things and help you find the formula that works for your life.
- CSCS – Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist through the National Strength & Conditioning Association (NSCA)
- RKC2 – Russian Kettlebell Challenge, Level 2 Certified
- CPR & First Aid
- Monthly Fitness Column Contributor to StepMom Magazine
- Iron Maiden – August 2011
- RKC Level 1 Assistant – San Diego – August 2011
- RKC Level 1 Assistant – Minnesota – April 2011
- CA State Deadlift Champion 2010
- Varsity Track & Cross Country at Wake Forest University 1998-2002
- National Meet Qualifier – Indoor Track & Field – 2000
- All-ACC – Track & Field – Wake Forest University – 1999
I’ve worked out (off and on) my entire life, using the traditional weights. I had heard of kettlebells, but I had no idea how effective they could be. Since working with Val I’ve seen more changes in my body, both in my physique and in my stamina/endurance, faster than with any other method I’ve ever experienced. For me, it was easy to neglect much of my body when working with traditional weights, but that doesn’t happen with Kettlebells. Just about every movement is working the whole body! When I started training with Val, she was very patient with me, yet very adamant that I use proper form with each movement, giving me the strong foundation to advance as quickly as I have. Val is always very creative with the workouts, so they are never boring or predictable, which, for me, makes it fun. Her knowledge of the working the body with Kettlebells is evident and her passion to help individuals reach their personal goals is a winning combination. I am so very grateful for Val and all that she has helped me to accomplish, so far… Thank you, Val!
By Eric Ford / Denver CO, USA