This holiday season, why not make some low-guilt goodies to take to all those parties? Believe me, no one will know! I made these for a party I hosted and then took them to another the following night and they were a big hit. (and they are SO easy!) They also keep really well in the freezer, so I usually make a double batch to save some for later.
I found this recipe at http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/recipes/desserts/raw-chocolate-pumpkin-pecan-macaroons/.
1 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
1/4 cup pecan or almond flour (I use almond)
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup pumpkin puree (I use canned pumpkin)
1/4 cup raw honey (I usually use a bit less)
2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I love cinnamon so I use 1 t)
pinch of salt
1. Combine coconut, nut flour, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt in a bowl and mix well.
2. Add in pumpkin, honey, coconut oil and vanilla and stir well until all ingredients have been evenly incorporated.
3. Use a tablespoon and scoop rounded balls onto a plate or cookie sheet. (I use my hands to make them round)
4. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to solidify.
5. Store in the refrigerator or freezer and serve cold.
I don’t really follow a Paleo lifestyle per-say, but Paleo websites are my go-to sources for healthy treat recipes! They are always free of refined flour and sugar, and have minimal, fresh ingredients.