I think everyone needs to have a Happy New Rear, and not just during January, but all year long. All life long. A happy body can come from a happy rear.
The glutes are some of the largest muscles in our body. The glutes play a huge role in back and pelvic health. When they aren’t firing properly, our backs have to do WAY more work than they were designed to do.
At the same time, sitting for extended periods of time causes our hip flexors to become weak and tight and they essentially shut off our glute muscles. Our backs then take the brunt of everything because our glute muscles can’t properly support our body. Our quads usually become overactive as well, which further feeds the problem.
I have heard from MANY people who are having more back pain since switching to working at home. This is usually why.
An easy postural assessment can help you determine if your glutes are helping support your body. Stand sideways in a full-length mirror. Better yet, take a photo from the side. Stand very naturally and normally, not trying to stand in proper posture.
Does your lower back arch?
Does your butt/tailbone tilt out behind you?
Do the fronts of your hips bend or are they straight?
If you answer yes to any of these, your body would love a Happy New Rear.
The glutes are sadly WAY overlooked in many fitness programs. Just the other day, I saw a commercial for a new piece of fitness equipment that does nothing for the glutes and instead feeds into all of the things that are already typically dysfunctional in our bodies. The model’s posture while using this piece of equipment was a recipe for lower back disaster. 🤦♀️
Every body benefits from a Happy New Rear in some way.
Equipment you need for this program:
- A foam roller
- A couple of mini bands
- A couple of superbands
- A couple of kettlebells or dumbbells
What you can expect to receive in the 30-Day Happy New Rear Program:
- Quick daily workouts for 30 days (~15 min each) with instructions on how to do each workout
- Tons of instructional videos (generally at least 30 different videos)
- These videos are not just a visual with no verbal instruction – I walk you through everything you need to know to do things properly.
- A fantastic online portal for progress tracking and easy access to the program…forever
- Specific exercises that will help you loosen what is tight and tighten what is loose
- Daily content that tells you exactly what you need to do each day
- Clear, measurable RESULTS!
- Lifetime access to the program
**You will have access to the program within 12 hours of purchase, if not sooner.