There’s nothing I love more than healthier alternative to a standard desert. These cookies mix up quickly, however they don’t make a whole lot. You could look at that as a good thing; less indulgence and some portion control. Or you could just double the recipe!
I also make these smaller, so that I get 20 or so cookies instead of the 10 that it calls for. However, I have to reduce the baking time when I do this to about 10 minutes or less.
I’ve had this recipe around for a while, so I unfortunately can’t properly credit the author. But if I find it then I’ll post an update for sure.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
2/3 cup all natural peanut butter
1/3 cup raw honey
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup old fashioned oats (uncooked)
1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Stir together peanut butter and honey in a bowl until well combined.
- Stir in egg and vanilla vigorously until incorporated. The dough should stiffen up a bit.
- Stir in oats and baking soda, followed by the chocolate chips.
- Spoon a dollops of dough onto the baking tray, flatten slightly and bake util golden, about 12-14 minutes.
- Let cool completely on the baking tray before transferring to an airtight container.
- Makes 10 large cookies.