What is one exercise that is appropriate for people of all fitness levels and for people who are new to kettlebells and/or strength training? One that builds a ton of full-body strength, mobility, and stability? One that can be broken down into pieces to suit just about everyone? One that can be taught without having other exercises as prerequisites?
If you guessed the Turkish Get Up, then you’re right! I Turkish Get-Ups! It was the very first kettlebell exercise I learned and the very first exercise I was good at. Maybe that’s why I love it? Probably a contributor. But I really love all of the results that the Turkish Get Up can deliver.
As I mentioned above, it builds a ton of full-body strength, mobility, and stability, all in one exercise. TGU’s are also a longevity-builder because they teach you how to effectively get your body up off the floor. TGU’s help you discover and correct movement asymmetries, which helps you perform better in everything else you do. Your potential for strength in this exercise is unlimited. And let’s face it, TGU’s just look cool!
You can do them anywhere, and with any kind of found object.
You also see some form of TGU’s on almost every season of America’s Got Talent in the dance/acrobatic acts. (if you don’t want to watch the whole thing, skip to about 2:30, but seriously, watch the whole thing because these guys are amazing!)
Results you might get from doing the 30-Day Get Up Challenge:
- Stronger shoulders, core, back, butt, hips, legs
- Core, shoulder, and hip stability
- Better posture
- Better joint mobility
- Ability to get up off the floor with strength and ease
- More confidence
- Sense of accomplishment
What you get with this challenge:
- Quick daily workouts for 30 days (10-15 min each) with instructions on how to do each workout
- Daily strength and stability drills to help you improve your Turkish Get Up technique, posture, and strength
- Technique videos for every exercise prescribed for each day’s workout
- Instructions to modify things if you aren’t yet ready for the progressions, or to meet your needs
- Ways to measure your progress
- Lifetime access to the program
Equipment you need to do this challenge:
- Your body
- A mini band and a super band (once you sign up I will send more info on these)
- A couple of kettlebells or dumbbells
- Some fun found objects (ideas provided)
- Knee pads or something cushy to put under your knees